Pages

Friday, June 11, 2010

My Books Have Arrived!!!

Yesterday afternoon as I was getting ready to go to work there was a ring at the door and a man yelled "Delivery!".

My books have arrived. I tore into them like a child opening a Christmas gift. Two books a CD-ROM and the instructions to log in for my first class! I being the over achiever have already begun reading the Strategies for the Tech Pro. Ive already browsed through the Tech Book for Office. Classes do not start until Monday the 14th.

I a definitely fired up. The course book I started reading is great! The entire first chapter is on goal setting and self esteem which I think is something I need to work on. I have never reviewed anything about my feelings or goals. I actually wrote them out. I think it was a good thing to reflect on where I have been and where I am going.

I have found that I am reliable, trustworthy, dependable, responsible, outspoken, giving and a little open. I need to work on some of it and will everyday.


Life is good right now. Work is amazing, I am busy and appreciated there. I have been told I may go to full time over the summer. I told them not just yet due to my traveling this summer to my Dad's in Silver City, Nevada.

Yes folks I am actually going to step outside the comfort zone and leave my house for something other than work. I will be sure to post pictures of my travels and tell this blog and the one reader I have all about the fun exploits the girls and I get into. We are driving there! Maybe take the scenic route and make a couple of stops for fun at the tourist traps.

Today was the last day of school for A and C. They are excited and relieved and happy to have the rest. It's been a tumultuous year for C. The transition to high school has not been an easy one on her. But we addressed the issues and are moving forward.

A has had an amazing year and has been working hard. Her teacher told me today that is has been wonderful having A in her class and helping her on her journey in life. She has gone from a semi-trouble confused little girl to a self-confident and intelligent person. She has made friends and been able to keep them for the first time. She has had sleep overs and is even spending the night at a friends tonight!

R is working harder than ever! He has really proved himself at the Plant and continues to do so every day. On weekends he has been working at his friends as a trade for a Chevy wagon for me. (long story about why I am getting a Chevy Wagon but it solves a bone of issue within my family). He is hoping that I will be able to drive it when I go see my Dad in July.

Life is good and it is what it is......

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comment this: