Pages

Monday, May 24, 2010

Going Back to School

Its been an interesting few days. I have had some serious thoughts about life and what I am doing in it.

My C is failing all of her classes. I don't understand why. She is a freshman in high school. I remember my years and know that it is a rough transition. But she has always been my stable, level headed girl. Due to some of her actions I have met with her counselor, had her cleared by a psychiatrist and we are moving forward. I don't want to go into details, but it was a sad and disappointing thing. It made me think a lot.

Okay so here it is, a little bit about me and my current endeavors.

I am 38 as of May 16th. I have a G.E.D. and a certificate in Travel and Tourism. I never followed through with finding a job in the travel industry. I spent 5 years in accounting, 10 in retail, 4 in education and 5 in support staff (coffee sure I will get it for you). I don't believe that it is a really good example other than the fact that I am one of the few out there who believes in having a job and being the best at it.

So here I am, 38, two kids, a home and a somewhat decent life I suppose. I am going back to school to get my A.A. in Accounting!

I am not doing this in a brick and mortar establishment but online. I think it is going to be interesting to say the least. Thus far I have completed the orientation and its pretty neat. I have had some correspondence with the instructor and he is nice too! Responds quickly.

My official start date will be June 17th. I can't wait and am excited and scared at the same time.

So in closing this blog will now be about the adventures of a slightly north of middle aged mom who is trying to raise her family, work part time and get her degree. I am sure it will be laughable in spots and annoying in others.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comment this: